- Coverage can start immediately
- Coverage moves with you
- Budget-friendly payment options
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- And more!
Mortgage Protection Plan (MPP).
Is your family protected? Make sure they have the necessary coverage with MPP!
Why Mortgage Protection Insurance?
Your home may be your greatest asset, but at the end of the day, the most important thing in life is family. With the rise of illness, household debt at an all-time high, and Canadians carrying bigger mortgages, financial protection is more important today than ever. That’s why Manulife Mortgage Protection Plan® was created. It’s coverage that’s here for you and your family no matter what life brings.
- 87% of Canadians agree that credit protection insurance is an easy way to protect themselves and their family.
- 56% of Canadians who took time off for a disability said they returned to work early due to financial reasons.
- 33% of workplace disability claims are related to mental health.
- 1 in 2 Canadians only have 2 years (or less) of their salary covered if they pass away.
What is Manulife Mortgage Protection Plan?
It’s optional life and disability insurance that you can purchase to help protect yourself, your loved ones and your home against the unexpected. It’s a convenient, affordable choice whether you have no insurance or want to add to your existing coverage.
There are two types of coverage available to you:
- Mortgage life insurance pays off the outstanding mortgage balance in the event of a death.
- Mortgage disability insurance makes the mortgage payments for you if an extended illness or injury means you can’t work.
A Few of the Benefits
Applying for Coverage
You can apply for coverage, if:
- You’re a Canadian resident aged 18 to 64
- You’re the borrower, co-borrower, or guarantor
- You’re applying for a residential mortgage