Mortgage Document Checklist
Whether you are buying a new home or refinancing your existing mortgage, our goal is to make this
process as efficient as possible.
Buying a Home?
Information that describes the property you are buying:
- Purchase and sale agreement
- MLS listing with photo
- Name, address, telephone number of your solicitor/notary
Confirmation of your down payment:
- Savings or investments statement from within the last 90 days
- Sale of an existing property — a copy of the sale agreement
- Gift letter
- Withdrawal from RRSP through Home Buyer’s Plan
- Copy of latest pay slip
- Letter of employment
- T1 General and Notice of Assessment (NOA) if self-employed
Do you currently own your home?
Information that describes your
- Recent mortgage statement
- Current homeowner insurance policy
- Most recent property tax bill/statement
- Legal description of your property (you can find this on your original purchase agreement or your property tax statement)
Other information we may require
As part of your application process, we will ask you questions relating to what you owe and own, what some of the projected expenses relating to the property are, such as taxes, heating costs and condo fees, and whether you will be using the property to generate income.
- Void Cheque