Published by DLC Marketing Team
Home Security Tips.
Your home is your biggest asset and it is important to protect it. When it comes to the various areas in your home, some key points for security are your windows, doors and exterior of your home.
We have put together some top tips to help get you started and avoid any unwanted attention!
- Reinforce the windows on your first floor with window stops.
- Make sure you keep your windows locked at night or when you go out.
- Frost the windows on your garage to avoid wandering eyes.
- Consider adding window sensors for an added layer of protection.
- Change out the locks whenever you move into a new home.
- Use deadbolts instead of spring-latch locks.
- Install door reinforcement hardware on any outward facing doors (including sliding doors).
- Consider installing a video doorbell to help you see who is at the door whether you’re home or out.
- Install motion-detector lighting outdoors to shine a light on potential intruders.
- Keep your shrubbery short to avoid giving intruders hiding places.
- Install security sensors in any detached buildings, like a garage or pool house.
- Maintain any trees and shrubbery to ensure a clear view.
- Install a home security system or a security camera.
- Password protect your Wi-Fi network.
- Always leave a few lights on at home, even when you’re out.
- Secure your smart devices within your home and beyond, including your phone.