25 Jan 2019
Winter is here! Get a worry free mortgage!
This time of year, there are a few less mortgage’s being done- not many people want to move into a new home in the snow. But if you want to get a worry free mortgage, this is a great time to be shopping.
Scope out those potential neighbourhoods – how many snow shovels?
- Will my new neighbours shovel their driveways?
- Are there any super nice people on the street willing to snow-blow my sidewalk?
- Can I walk around safely?
- Are they using salt, sand or kitty litter to de-ice the walk?
- How far is this house located from a bus route or major traffic route that will get plowed first when we have a lot of snow?
My top tip? Scope out that neighbourhood right after it snows – compare early morning snow levels to slightly after work snow levels. In some neighbourhoods you can drive around and count how many people have shovels ready near their front door.
And if you closely examine sidewalks, try looking right between two homes – this can tell you if two people shoveled at different times – or if that super nice multiple driveway shoveler exists in this neighbourhood! That’s what I call a worry free mortgage!
What? You need more than just good neighbours with shovel’s to have a worry free mortgage?
You want the best interest rate, or to confirm that you’ve got a mortgage that let’s you pay it off faster? Well, a Dominion Lending Centres mortgage broker will help with that. Give us a call to get those details in place!