2 Jun 2017
Bullying Ends Here Update for June 2017
Well, what a year it has been. Of course I refer to ‘year’ being the school year. With June now upon us, schools are winding down, just as Bullying Ends Here is about to take a few months to catch our breath and plan for an amazing 2017/18.
To wind down this year, Dominion Lending Centres played a big role in helping us reach thousands more. In April, Mark Goode and his team worked hard to setup a couple of presentations in his community of Orillia. Based on the feedback, I suspect that I will be returning there at some point to share the program with many more!
Another DLC’er that deserves much recognition is Jeff Brown from Belleville. Jeff put together one heck of a day for us, however due to some unforeseen circumstances beyond anyone’s control, the day did not proceed. I know that Bullying Ends Here will be in his community at some point. We wont give up Jeff!
With our school presentation schedule now complete, we are so proud to share with you the following milestones;
– spoke to over 100,000 youth all across the Country (a total of over 350,000 since 2012)
– spoke to the National Conference on Bullying in Orlando, FL.
– received more than 10,000 emails and thousands of messages through social media
– released an updated version of the book Bullying Ends Here – My Life
– created a bookmark proudly showing the DLC logo to all that purchase the book
– about to launch our brand new electronic quarterly newsletter
– working on introducing a Youth Advisory Board to the program
– created short commercials showing the support for our program from Rick MERCER, Naheed NENSHI, Steven PAGE, Brad MAY, Brian BURKE and Prime Minister Justin TRUDEAU!!! Stay tuned for many more in the works.
– launched our 3 minute commercial to showcase our program and what we really do…feel free to take a peek on our homepage.
– launched our revised format of our website bullyingendshere.ca
– presented over 100 times
Most importantly, we are now credited with saving 43 lives!!!
I can not state enough how this truly is teamwork. From those that plan the presentations that form the schedule, to the schools/communities that believe in us, to the volunteer work of our team at Bullying Ends Here to Dominion Lending Centres generous annual donations that assist us in being able to reach everyone. Its a team that makes it all come together. With over 100 requests waiting for the next school year, including many from overseas, its going to be the best one yet!
This is why I always say ‘Together we will not only change lives, but SAVE them!’
Our Bullying Ends Here Coin Award is going full steam ahead. We want to recognize those in our country that go above and beyond to help make our world a better place. We want to continue to spread Jamie’s message of acceptance and understanding and know the importance of highlighting the work that others are doing. If you know someone who stands out above the rest, of any age, please nominate them on our website.
I know that 2017/18 is going to be the best one yet. I am proud to announce that I will be starting the presentation schedule off with a TEDX talk in Vancouver in September. What a humbling honour this will be to showcase our message to potentially millions around the world. Until then, its time to kick back, relax and catch our breath. Its going to be one heck of a ride starting in September and we cant wait to bring you along with us.