Published by DLC Marketing Team
The Cold Buster Smoothie.
Boost your immune system with this vitamin-packed thirst-quencher!
Cold and flu season is upon us. If you’re experiencing symptoms of illness or looking to fight them before they start, then this tasty drink recipe will help your immune system do its work.
Here’s why the combination of ingredients in this smoothie packs a big punch: It’s high in antioxidants.
- It helps clear toxins through the liver.
- It’s filled with Vitamin A, which helps clear congested lungs.
- It’s a great source of energy fuel and brain food.
- It’s free of dairy products, which will help suppress mucus production when you’re under the weather.
Bursting with flavour and nutrients, the mixture of blueberries, oranges, kale, apples, carrots, and beets are not only adult-approved, but popular with sick kids too!
Total time: 10 mins
- 3 cups of blueberries
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 apple, core and seeds removed
- 1 small raw red beet
- 1/3 cup ice
- 1/2 cup water
Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water until mixture reaches desired consistency.